Care Package for Overseas Troops & List of Items Requested & More…

Hi Friends,

As we celebrate Memorial Day lets not forget why we have this holiday to begin with.  While we remember those who have paid the ultimate sacrifice serving our US Armed Forces it is important to reflect on our active duty soldiers defending our freedom today.  This brings me to a very important mission I've set out for myself especially since I'm into couponing (need to watch some of my Youtube videos to learn more on this topic).  Although my family has been able to save$$$  on so many items it is also a mission of mine to give back.  Coming from a military family I wanted to do something even if it is something small for our active troops overseas especially.

One of my main goals I've laid out for myself is giving to our active troops by way of care packages.  It was amazing to me the things I learned were most requested such as socks and wipes to name a few.  When learning about this I thought to myself "how can I give back?"  So, there my mission began in putting together care packages - 1 for a male and 1 for a female earlier this year.   The website I started with is:  http://www.anysoldier.com/index.cfm.  This was a great website to start with in order to find a female solider overseas since none of my friends on Facebook did not have any names. Luckily, I had some friends that were able to provide me a male solider, which was an awesome experience since getting a response from the solider directly stating how it "felt like Christmas" to him when receiving my care package.  The act of kindness and giving just fills my heart with so much joy especially when you're putting a small smile or even making someone's day even if it is for a brief minute. I'll end this BLOG with a few items that are commonly requested.

Watch my last care package box I put together





NOTE:  Here are a list of items I've been provided from moms who have kids overseas that was a huge help and hope you find it useful too? I'm sure there are more items to add to this list so feel free to add in the comments so others can see.




Common Items Requested By Soldiers 

  •   Baby Wipes
  •   Phone Cards
  •   Magazines
  •   Books
  •   Batteries
  •   Movies
  •   Hand Warmers
  •   Foot Warmers
  •   Tooth Brushes
  •   Mouthwash
  •   Febreeze
  •   Body Wash
  •   Body Spray
  •   Pringles
  •   Crackers 
  •   Cookies
  •   Beef Jerky
  •   Comic Books
  •   Travel Size Games (chess, checkers)
  •   Deck of Cards
  •   Memory Cards (i.e. PSP's)
  •   Memory Sticks
  •   Suntan Lotion
  •   Non Carbonated Drinks (e.g. Propel, Crystal Light, Gatorade)  (powder packs work best)
  •   Uniform T-shirts (which can either be ordered on line from AAFES or bought at the PX)
  •   Underwear
  •   Socks
  •   Pictures From Home
  •   Thumb Tack (to hang the pictures) 
  •   Hard Candy
  •   Blue and Black Pens
  •   Notebooks
  •   Envelopes
  •   Fly Paper (some areas where the soldiers live have lots of flies)
  •   A multi-tool or really good folding knife
  •   Sun Glasses
  •   Digital or Disposable Cameras
  •   Travel Size Packets of Laundry Detergent  (e.g. PODS)  
  •   Blank Writable CD's
  •   Crossword Puzzles, Word Searches, Soduku



Comments

Popular Posts