Easy DIY: Reupholster Dining Chairs For Less Than $10


Hello Friends:

Hope everyone had a great holiday and is ready to start the New Year right!  

I have to say I'm always up for doing a DIY project, however, this was a first for me to ever use a staple gun.  After setting aside a little fear of using a staple gun I decided to tackle a project with our dining room chairs (total 4).  Have to say this was simple to do and highly recommend if you are dealing with chairs like this or just need to perform an easy chair facelift.  I know our chairs certainly needed a much needed facelift and just wanted to extend a little more life to them. 

Here's what you'll need:


Chair(s):  Here is mine below.  All 4 of our dining chairs looked like this. 

Staple gun:  If you have one well this DIY will be super cheap.  If you do not have one these are relatively inexpensive $20.00 or less depending on make/model.  Worse case is you borrow a friends/neighbor/family members staple gun for the day. 

Fabric:  Purchased my fabric from a consignment shop called SAVERS and only spent $7.00.  You can usually find extra fabric and material at consignment shop if you are looking for a cost effective solution.  I WAS HAPPY WITH MY DEAL!!!!


Now once you have all the items and are ready to jump into the DIY you'll need to take measurements to ensure you've got enough fabric to cover each chair.  TIP:  Make sure to give yourself extra fabric to pull as you staple around the chair.

Below is the finished product, which I'm happy with.  I'm sure I could have cleaned up around or had a tighter grip when stapling around each of the chair, but being a 1 person show this is the best I could do.  

Thanks for stopping by and let me know if you give this DIY a try?  

Note: My goal here was to only do the base/seat of chair only.  (In case you were wondering)







Comments

Popular Posts